Agribusiness Leadership Internship Program
Call for Applications
Opening Date: April 13, 2016
Closing Date: April 18, 2016
Africa Lead —the Feed the Future: Building Capacity for African Agricultural Transformation Program—supports the advancement of agricultural transformation in Africa as proposed by the African Union Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP).
The scope of Africa Lead is divided into three components, as follows:
- Establishing and Improving Effectiveness of Institutional and Organizational Architecture for African-Led Agricultural Transformation.
- Strengthening Capacity to Manage and Implement the Policy Change and Alignment Process.
- Promoting the Effective Participation of Non-State Actors (NSAs) in the Policy Process and Providing Capacity Strengthening Support when Necessary.
Africa Lead’s Agribusiness Leadership Internship Program aims to facilitate more efficient agricultural production, stronger agribusinesses and agricultural development institutions, a more opportunities for Youth to have hands on learning experiences working and greater exposure to career opportunities and value addition in the agriculture sector across Africa. The broad goal is to support career building skills transfer through technological know-how that will help African agribusinesses and organizations to innovate, improve their commercial viability and catalyze agricultural transformation, thus contributing to improved food security. As sponsors of this year’s USAID-FINGAP Agribusiness Investment Summit, the program will be conducting speed interviews during the B2B sessions with over 60 companies interested in recruiting interns.
The Africa Lead Program welcomes applications from candidates interested in pursuing these young internship opportunities. The following positions are open for applications to support the advancement of agribusiness related hosting entities:
- INNOVATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY
- DATA COLLECTION AND VALIDATION
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- AGRICULTURAL POLICY RESEARCH
- AGRICULTURE ENGINEERING/FOOD SCIENCE
- ICT (DATABASE MANAGEMENT, WEBSITE MANAGEMENT, DATA VALIDATION)
General Application requirements: All candidates must submit the following required documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- 1-Page ONLY Cover letter highlighting your ability to contribute your skills towards enhancing capacity of an agribusiness, business advisory service provider or a financial institution working to support agribusinesses
- Must be between the ages of 18-35
Please send applications to: AfricaLEAD_Internships@dai.com by April 18, 2016, 12:00 NOON GMT.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.