Opportunity: Video Animation & Motion Graphics Services
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Period of Performance: November 2017 – February 2018
Level of Effort: 21 days
The Africa Lead East and Southern Africa regional office seeks a video animation service provider capable of producing an animated video incorporating infographics, animated characters and narration to develop a 3-4 minute animated and narrated informational video.
See the summary of the opportunity below.
To respond to the request for proposal (RFP), download the full RFP available by clicking here, and follow the instructions for submitting a response.
Africa Lead II—the Feed the Future: Building Capacity for African Agricultural Transformation Program—supports the advancement of agricultural transformation in Africa as proposed by the African Union Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP). Simultaneously, Africa Lead II contributes to the Feed the Future (FTF) goals of reduced hunger and poverty by building the capacity of Champions and organizations —defined as institutions, men and women leaders in agriculture—to develop, lead, and manage the policies, structures and processes needed for the envisioned agricultural transformation.
The scope of Africa Lead II is divided into three components:
- Component One: Establishing and Improving Effectiveness of Institutional and Organizational Architecture for African-Led Agricultural Transformation.
- Component Two: Strengthening Capacity to Manage and Implement the Policy Change and Alignment Process.
- Component Three: Promoting the Effective Participation of Non-State Actors (NSAs) in the Policy Process and Providing Capacity Strengthening Support when Necessary.
Africa Lead seeks a video animation service provider capable of producing an animated video incorporating infographics, animated characters and narration. The animator/firm should have modern production equipment and qualified creative personnel capable of designing creative concepts with guidance from our internal communications team.
Tasks to be performed:
The video animator/firm will need to:
- Meet with Africa Lead team to understand the narrative and get accurate data to be used for the animation
- Develop a Technical and Cost proposal for the production of the video animation
- Prepare at least two concept ideas for use in actualizing the video animation
- Develop detailed story board concept(s) to present to Africa Lead
- Deliver original artwork and video files to Africa Lead
Qualifications, Background and Experience:
Video animation requires a high level technical/professional expertise and creativity, therefore successful firm/candidate is required to have the following qualifications:
- Three examples of past video animation productions they have directly designed and produced.
- Demonstrated competency with developing and producing video animations and infographics for video infomercials.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
Note: The proposal should provide the following information:
- Technical proposal: Outline and methodology for undertaking the video animation, as well as, the detailed work plan showing the assignment’s important activities and milestones.
- Financial proposal: Including a detailed quotation for the production of the video animation showing all necessary costs.
- Contact details of three past performance references.
- Updated creative portfolio including relevant creative development work and qualifications.