|Title:||Online Learning, Community & Collaboration Specialist – Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA)|
|Location:||Nairobi, Kenya (with in-country and periodic international travel)|
|Period of Performance:||November 5, 2018 – September 30, 2019 (funding dependent)|
|Level of Effort:||100 days|
The USAID Building Capacity for African Agricultural Transformation (Africa Lead II) Project is a five-year effort to support and advance the agricultural transformation in Africa as proposed by the African Union Comprehensive African Agricultural Development Program (CAADP), while simultaneously contributing to the Feed the Future goals of reduced hunger and poverty, by building the capacity of men and women African leaders, institutions and stakeholders to develop, lead, and manage the structures needed for the transformation process. This project has three components:
- The establishment of institutional/organizational architecture to lead African agriculture transformation at the national and regional levels, operating at the highest level of effectiveness;
- The operationalization of capacity to manage policy change and alignment process; and
- The effective participation and leading when necessary, of Non-State Actors (NSAs) in the CAADP process.
Africa Lead seeks a person to fill a Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) as an Online Learning, Community & Collaboration Specialist to manage user engagement, develop and promote virtual learning events, and administer the day-to-day operations of the program’s learning and collaboration platform/extranet.
Overall the goals of the position are to:
- Optimize participant experiences and build strong learning and collaboration connections between food security stakeholders across Africa
- Create, manage and deliver relevant topical content and encourage participants to do the same
- Facilitate a robust exchange, encourage networking, and monitor participant engagement
- Serve as an active member of the Africa Lead communications team and managing public facing online learning events and engagements
As a member of Africa Lead’s communications and knowledge management team, the Specialist will be focused on the carrying out the following duties:
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the Africa Lead Learning and Collaboration Network, including: user signups and orientations,
- Serve as the administrator on the Africa Lead Learning and Collaboration Network, including troubleshooting user technical issues
- Work closely with other communications team members to plan for content specific to food security issues, member recruitment efforts, events, milestones, and other opportunities that will help build and engage audiences.
- Plan, produce and manage live-webinar events, including driving registration, participation, and follow-up
- Coordinate with knowledge partners to deliver high quality content to network participants
- Draft and publish email newsletters, blog entries, and social media posts to engage network members on content related to food security
- Coordinate a six-month public facing learning series to be featured on Africa Lead and other partner websites
- Develop and implement a long-term sustainability plan to transition the platform to a knowledge partner
- 1 to 3 years professional experience implementing or managing web sites, intranets, and/or social media management
- Post-secondary education in public relations/communications/marketing or related field, University degree preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills for a diverse range of purposes and formats, including print, online, interactive, and social media
- Proven ability and experience in project and event management, including management of webinars and in-person events
- High level of comfort with social software and other web-based technologies
- Highly experienced with Office applications, including word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Familiarity with video and photography equipment; photo and video portfolio a plus
If you believe you qualify for this job, kindly submit your CV to email@example.com by October 17th, 2018.