Location: Juba, South Sudan with travels to other target regions
Period of Performance: September – October 2019
Africa Lead (AL) is the USAID Feed the Future program designed to strengthen the policy environment for agriculture in Africa. AL is supporting USAID South Sudan under a separate but related Activity Description, through which AL will support the Partnership to build systems of collaboration, learning, and communication that help implementing partners in target areas establish CPA-level partnerships.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program office requires support to assist USAID/South Sudan to contribute to the development of Partnerships for Recovery and Resilience with other partners and targeted communities in South Sudan. The work is demand-driven and the National Organization must therefore remain flexible including the following responsibilities:
- Local compliance
- Coordination & Logistics
- Interviews (2-4 local associate researchers)
- Audio-video support (local videography)
- Quantitative Data analysis
Partnerships for Recovery and Resilience:
The United Nations, USAID/South Sudan and other partners are supporting the Partnership for Recovery and Resilience (the “Partnership”) in target locations across South Sudan. Africa Lead will support these through a facilitated planning process that is required to put the preliminary relationships, studies and coordination platforms in place to support implementation of the Partnership. The overall purpose of the Partnership is to provide integrated humanitarian and development services through community-based delivery mechanisms in target locations of South Sudan, where the multi-partner, multi-sector pilot Partnerships will be developed and tested. The National Organization will serve as the focal point for DAI Africa Lead to coordinate with international agencies, local NGOs and governments to ensure that certain building blocks of the Partnership are in place in the targeted areas of Yambio, Aweil, Wau, and Tori.
- To provide logistical, coordination and compliance support
- To provide logistical, coordination and compliance support to research in the target areas and to trainings in Juba, including travel and accommodations.
- To document using multi-media methods such as cameras, notes and audio recorders, stories of resilience in targeted communities to illustrate some of the “faces of resilience” and enable the people to explain resilience in local terms.
- To carry out quantitative analysis of PfRR data sets.
- Transcripts of interviews with PfRR stakeholders (between 50-100 interviews).
- List of participants who complete C4C training sessions organized by the Partnership.
- Data collectors ready to carry out data collection and analysis in various areas of the country targeted by the Partnership by working hand in hand with United Nations agencies. This includes mapping of community institutions and key institutional relationships through simple participatory rural appraisal methods. MESP will train the data collectors in these techniques.
- Documentation (audio and visual) of community mobilization and organization activities towards readiness for resilience activities
- Short weekly email on coordination and logistics (e.g. identifying any issues, resolutions, etc.)
Qualifications for the Firm:
- A legal registered firm with a minimum of 10 years of experience across the Key Personnel in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated capacity to recruit high caliber South Sudanese data collectors.
- Demonstrated capacity to successfully carry out data collection exercises in South Sudan.
- Understanding and compliance with regulations and protocols in target communities.
- Demonstrated experience of community level mobilization and organization
- Experience with audio/visual documentation
- Experience with quantitative data analysis
DAI may choose to issue award to more than one company. If the Offerors are not able to provide services for all deliverables, Offerors may provide price quotations for only those locations for which they can provide required services in.
Please provide your price quotation in the following form:
Standard overall pricefor……
- 1 full time lead researcher
- 4 interviewers for 20 days
- 1 trauma awareness trainer for 10 days
- 1 complete story telling and digital media training
- 1 coordinator/logistician for 40 days
- 1 compliance officer 20 days
Submission of Proposals
Interested consulting firms should submit their proposal (not more than 15 pages) including methodology and examples of case studies to email@example.com by 5.00 pm September 5th, 2019. Please submit your cost proposal separately from the activity proposal when sending your submission. Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted. The full RFP document and submission details have been posted on: http://www.africaleadftf.org/topics/opportunities